This tutorial will hopefuly help you set up remotejoy so that you can view your psp games on your pc monitor. Assumptions are that you know how to extract rar files and know how to install device drivers on your system.
This method has been tested on:
- Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit (x86-64) with
- 3.71 M33-2
- 4.01 M33-2
- Windows XP Professional 32-bit (x86) with
- 3.80 M33-5
- 3.90 M33-3
- 5.00 M33-3
It should most definitely work on 32 bit Vista.
- If you are running 3.71 or newer M33 Firmware then download : 3.71-M33 plugins for remotejoy and usbhostfs - from now on referred to as 3.71 plugins.
- RemoteJoy SDL 2007 : RemoteJoy SDL - Contains drivers for both Windows 32-bit and Vista 64-bit. - from now on referred to as RemoteJoySDL.
Extract the contents of the prerequisites somewhere on your hard drive, remembering where.
NOTE: Windows vista x64 will not accept unsigned drivers so you need to restart your PC and press F8 before startup to disable the Driver Signature Enforcement..
- Get your PSP in USB mode and copy remotejoy.prx and usbhostfs.prx from
* the 3.71 plugins extracted folder if you are running 3.71-M332
* the PSP FW 3.XX OE folder from the RemoteJoySDL folder if you are running any other 3.xx firmware
into the seplugins folder in your Memory Stick. If you dont have that folder create it (at the uppermost level alongside ISO, PSP, VIDEO etc).
- Create a game.txt inside that directory which has only the following two lines in it:
- Restart your PSP in Recovery mode (holding down the R button while powering the PSP from fully shut down), go to the "plugins" section and enable the remotejoy and ushostfs plugins then exit recovery mode (if you are having problems, disable all other plugins).
- Go to the RemoteJoySDL folder and run Start-USBHostFS_PC.bat
- Run Start-RemoteJoy.bat (or the fullscreen version, whichever, depending on your preference).
- Start your PSP normally and start any game.
- Once in the game Plug in your USB cable. Windows should find a device "Sony PSP Type B" and will attempt to look for a driver. Tell windows that you want to locate the driver manualy and point it to the RemoteJoySDL folder --> LibUSB and select the driver accordingly. Ignore any warnings by windows about the driver if any.
If everything went well, the PSP screen will pop up on the window. If the screen doesnt pop up after the driver installation is complete, try unplugging and re-plugging the USB cable and/or restarting usbhostfs/remotejoy batch files.
If you want to see XMB instead of a game just use vsh.txt instead of game.txt. If you use the Remotejoy plugin with vsh.txt, you can't use it with game.txt. You have to choose between the two.
You can now also control the psp using the keyboard (cursor keys and q,z,a,s, dunno the rest yet).
- If a game uses a certain call to load files/directories off the memory stick that is incompatibile with PSPLink,
your PSP will lock up. Known affected games:
Wipeout Pulse Gundam Battle Universe Fifa 08 Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories, Vice City Stories Medal of Honor Heroes 1 and 2
- Video Tutorial: TheOtherGuyTMK 's tutorial on YouTube - Part of this tutorial is based on this video.